The thyroid gland is a butterfly shaped organ located in the front of the neck. The thyroid produces hormones that regulate metabolism - the process of energy consumption by the human body.Thyroid deterioration is one of the most common types of disease in USA and internationally. More than 12 percent of the U.S. population has risk of developing a thyroid condition in the next 50 years. Around 20 million Americans suffer from some form of thyroid disease. Even more worrying is the fact that up to 60 percent of those with thyroid disease are unaware of their condition.
What causes thyroid disease
Thyroid disease is caused by under or overproduction of hormones that stimulates thyroid gland as well as under or over sensitivity to those hormones as well as by certain autoimmune disorders As a result when metabolic process is influenced by the “out of balance” thyroid hormones and makes you fill a range of symptoms that may be different depending on if you have excess or shortage of hormones.
Types of thyroid disease
Four common thyroid disorders include Graves' disease, thyroid nodules goiter and thyroid cancer, Hashimoto's disease.
Hashimoto's disease is otherwise called chronic lymphatic thyroiditis. It's the most widely recognized reason for hypothyroidism in the United States. It can happen at any age; however it's most regular in moderately aged ladies. The malady happens when the body's resistant framework erroneously assaults and gradually annihilates cells of the thyroid organ that, therefore, lose its capacity to create hormones.
Graves' infection was named for the specialist who initially depicted it over 150 years back. It's the most well-known reason for hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid). It's likewise invulnerability issue brought about by imbalance of framework that controls creation of thyroid hormones thus the thyroid organ overproduce the hormone in charge of directing digestion system. Accurate reason for malady is not exactly clear, however doctors suppose that hereditary factors have their roles and living conditions likewise have a part. Graves’s sickness is considerably more often happens in ladies aged 20 to 30. Other factors are anxiety, pregnancy, and smoking.
Goiter is a noncancerous expansion of the thyroid organ. The most widely recognized reason for goiter worldwide is iodine lack in the eating regimen. Goiter is frequently brought about by (and a side effect of) hyperthyroidism in the United States, where iodized salt gives a lot of iodine. Goiter can influence anybody at any age, particularly in territories of the world where nourishments rich in iodine are hard to find. Be that as it may, goiters are more basic after the age of 40 and in ladies, who will probably have thyroid issue. Other danger variables involve family restorative history, certain medicine use, pregnancy, and radiation.
Thyroid knobs are growing that appear on or in the thyroid organ. The causes are not generally known but rather can incorporate iodine lack and Hashimoto's illness. The knobs can be strong or liquid filled. Most are neutral, however they sometimes can likewise be destructive. Similarly as with other thyroid-related issues, knobs are more normal in ladies than men and the danger in both genders increments with age.
Signs and symptoms of thyroid disorders
The types of thyroid conditions can vary very much, so can the indications of thyroid issues. We have listed ten most widespread thyroid symptoms below:
- Nervousness and tremor: These side effects, alongside tumult, can flag an over capacity of the thyroid organ (hyperthyroidism).
- Dizziness and poor focus: Brain functioning can be influenced in both hyperthyroidism (hoisted levels of thyroid hormone) and hypothyroidism (too low levels of thyroid hormones). While feebleness and depression are regularly connected with hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism can likewise prompt a diminished level of concentration.
- Menstrual changes: Hypothyroidism is now and again connected with unreasonable or delayed menstrual bleeding, while hyperthyroidism can be described by meager or decreased menstrual stream.
- Feeling bloated: Fluid maintenance is regularly an indication of an under-active thyroid organ.
- Racing pulse: An expanded heart rate (tachycardia) and palpitations can be signs of hyperthyroidism.
- Aches and torments: Muscle throbs and torment can go with various sorts of thyroid issues.
- Weight increase: An unexpected level of weight growth frequently goes with conditions in which thyroid organ functioning is lower than typical.
- High cholesterol levels: An expansion in blood cholesterol levels can happen in people with hypothyroidism.
- Heat intolerance: People with an overactive thyroid gland regularly suffer from heat, blaiming “hot weather” or other factors.
- Feeling chilly: Conversely, those with an under working thyroid may feel always frozen and cold.
Remember that none of these signs is totally particular for thyroid infection. Every one of them might be created by various diverse conditions and ordinary states. Your medicinal services provider can arrange lab tests to assess the capacity of your thyroid organ in the event that you have several alarming symptoms simultaneously.
What to do if YouShield warned you of thyroid disease risk?
Based on hyperthyroid symptoms or hypothyroid symptoms mentioned by the user individual application, run YouShield activates one of the thyroid disease models and suggests the following lab test to be performed to increase accuracy of risk estimation:
- Ultra-sensitive thyroid stimulation hormone test to indicate presence of hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism
Thyroxine (T4) Free
- thyroid hormone important for healthy body functioning, including growth and metabolism.
Thyroid stimulating hormone receptor antibody
- antibodies to TSH-receptor in thyroid gland.
- an antibody against thyroglobulin, a key protein in the thyroid gland.
- autoantibodies against thyroidperoxidase, an enzyme involved in thyroid hormone synthesis.
As results of lab tests are entered into the system all available data is processed to estimate risk of certain health conditions. Simultaneously, the system provides accuracy of this estimation; the fewer numbers entered the lower would be the accuracy.